Strawberry Rum Daiquiri
Bright pink pancakes with a rum daiquiri kick? Mind blown! This ultimate pink fluffy pancake stack is made with beetroot and freeze dried strawberries and served with LiQ Strawberry Rum Daiquiri Sorbet, fresh strawberries and a dollop of peanut butter.
For 6 - 8 pancakes
- 150g self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vac pac cooked beetroot
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanila extract
- 150ml soya or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil, for frying
- 7g freeze dried strawberries
- LiQ Strawberry Rum Daiquri ice cream, to serve
- 200g fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced, to serve
- 2 tablespoons almond/peanut butter, to serve
- Blitz the beetroot and your choice of milk in a blender until completely smooth.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the pink milk and vanilla extract into the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the freeze dried strawberries.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate if not using immediately. Tip: Make the batter and leave in the fridge the night before to save time!
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Is the pan hot? Pour a small ladle of batter into the pan and spread with the back of the spoon until it is around 8cm in diameter.
- Make a second pancake in the exact same way and cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbles are popping on the surface and just the edges look dry and slightly shiny.
- Time to flip them! (quickly and carefully!)
- Cook for another minute or until light, fluffy and pale golden brown.
- Keep the cooked pancakes in the oven on a low heat, not stacked.
- To serve, stack them up (as many as you like!) and add a delicious scoop of LiQ Strawberry Rum Daiquiri sorbet.
- Decorate your beautiful pink stack with some sliced fresh strawberries and a drizzle (or dollop…) of nut butter, and whatever else you fancy!