Strawberry Rum Daiquiri
Need some vegan dessert inspiration this festive season? These pavlova desserts look super fancy but are an absolute doddle to make. With delicious layers of vegan meringue, Strawberry Rum Daiquiri sorbet, fruit & nuts, it’s a flavour explosion guaranteed to impress!
- LiQ Strawberry Rum Daiquiri
- 400g tin cooked organic chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 95g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Coconut yoghurt
- Handful of strawberries
- Handful of mixed berries (we used raspberries, blackberries & blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 120C
- Line 2 trays with greased baking paper
- Drain the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) into a measuring jug until you have 80ml. Keep the chickpeas for another time - we won’t need them for this recipe!
- Using a handheld mixer, whisk the chickpea liquid and cream of tartar for 2-5 minutes on a medium setting, or until white and firm peaks form (just like egg whites meringues!)
- Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time and keep mixing until smooth, firm and shiny.
- Add 8-10 large spoonfuls of meringue onto the trays. Add a small indentation in the centre of each meringue to leave space for our toppings.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until crispy on the outside and very lightly golden.
- Leave to cool
- In a pan, add your winter berries with some sugar and reduce down. Leave aside.
- Break up the meringues and add to the glass
- Spoon over a layer of coconut yoghurt & scoop of Strawberry Rum Daiquiri, and half of the berries, add another layer of meringue, coconut yoghurt & Strawberry rum daiquiri.
- Pour the berry sauce over the top & top with fresh strawberries, raspberries & blackberries.
Crush up the nuts and sprinkle over the top to finish!