Irish Coffee Crumble
Homemade espresso flavoured waffles served with Irish Coffee Crumble ice cream, banana, nut butter and honey. A perfect boozy brunch recipe!
- 180g plain flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 375ml whole or nut milk
- 70ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 scoops LiQ Irish Coffee Crumble ice cream, to serve
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced, to serve
- 4 tablespoons delicious peanut butter from Pip & Nut, to serve
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk up the milk, veggie oil, egg, vanilla extract and the instant coffee (dissolved into 2 tsp of water).
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients & whisk until combined.
- Heat the waffle iron & once hot, spray lightly with oil.
- Pour enough waffle batter over the iron to cover the space evenly and close the waffle iron shut.
- Cook the waffles until golden & fluffy.
- Serve waffles with sliced banana, a generous dollop of nut butter, a drizzle of honey...and of course, a scoop of LiQ Irish coffee Crumble - Don’t be shy!