Want to impress your family this Christmas? Add some spirit to your Christmas dessert & bring along this easy peasy ice cream cake to the party! Layers of creamy white chocolate Amaretto infused ice cream, dark chocolate and crunchy hazelnut, it’s an absolute crowd pleaser.
- 2 tubs LiQ Amaretto Cookie Crunch 475ML
- 150g dark chocolate for melting
- 70g toasted hazelnuts
- Add 2 tubs of Amaretto Cookie Crunch ice cream to a bowl, soften slightly.
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and mix until silky smooth.
- Working quickly (before the ice cream melts!) start to create the cake in your loaf tin, adding your ingredients layer by layer. Start with a layer of Amaretto Cookie Crunch ice cream (around 3cm high) and smooth over with a palette knife. Follow this with a thin layer of melted chocolate, spreading lightly and carefully with a palette knife. Sprinkle an even layer of the chopped hazelnuts all over the top. Repeat these steps until you have 3 layers of each (or however many you’d like!)
- Leave overnight in the freezer or for 4-6 hours.
- Carefully remove the cake from the loaf tin. To finish, drizzle a little more melted chocolate over the top & scatter with hazelnuts to finish. If you want to add any extra toppings, now is your moment… get creative! Cut into slices and serve!