Amaretto obsessed? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Crumbly ice cream cookies made with ground almonds & a cheeky slug of Amaretto, served with a generous scoop of our LiQ Amaretto Cookie Crunch sandwiched between two cookies.
Makes approximately 20 biscuits
- 4 eggs, whites only (about 160g)
- 340g caster sugar
- 340g ground almonds
- 30ml amaretto LiQuor
- Butter, for greasing
- LiQ Amaretto Cookie Crunch ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until the form stiff peaks.
- Gently stir in the sugar and almond to the egg whites.
- Add in the Amaretto liquor & fold into a smooth paste.
- Lay greased baking paper onto 2 trays.
- Using a teaspoon, place small heaps of mixture onto the trays with 2-3cm in between each - this will allow the cookies to expand!
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cool, take one cookie and hold it flat side up in one hand.
- With a tablespoon, add a generous scoop LiQ Amaretto Cookie Crunch onto the face of the cookie & place a second cookie on top to create the sandwich!
- Serve immediately… & lick thumbs, fingers (and any other parts of the body)