Coconut Rum Punch
These zesty, light & airy pavlovas with fresh mango & LiQ Coconut Rum Punch are a little taste of paradise. The merengues are made with aquafaba, so are 100% vegan, and absolutely aquafabulous.
For 8 to 10 meringues, depending on the size
- 400g tin cooked organic chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 95g caster sugar
- 8 tablespoons coconut yoghurt, to serve
- 2 fresh mangoes, skin removed and cut into thin slices, to serve
- 8 scoops LiQ Coconut Rum Punch ice cream, to serve
- Zest of 2 limes, to serve
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes, toasted until golden
- Preheat oven to 120C
- Line 2 trays with greased baking paper
- Drain the chickpea liquid (aquafaba) into a measuring jug until you have 80ml. Keep the chickpeas for another time - we won’t need them for this recipe!
- Using a handheld mixer, whisk the chickpea liquid and cream of tartar for 2-5 minutes on a medium setting, or until white and firm peaks form (just like egg whites meringues!)
- Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time and keep mixing until smooth, firm and shiny.
- Add 8-10 large spoonfuls of meringue onto the trays. Add a small indentation in the centre of each meringue to leave space for our toppings.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until crispy on the outside and very lightly golden.
- Leave to cool with the oven door shut for 1 hour before removing.
- To serve, add a tablespoon of coconut yoghurt (optional), and a large scoop of LiQ Coconut Rum Punch in the centre of each meringue.
- Arrange slices of fresh mango around the ice cream centre.
- To finish, sprinkle with lime zest and toasted coconut flakes.