Bourbon Salted Caramel
What’s better than chocolate cake and ice cream? A super speedy oozy, melty mug cake with LiQ Bourbon Salted Caramel ice cream... ready in just 5 minutes!
Preparation time = 5 mins
Cook time = 5 mins
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 1 large free range egg
- 3 tablespoons whole or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons good quality chocolate chips
- 2 scoops LiQ Bourbon Salted Caramel ice cream, to serve
- Peanut butter, to serve (optional)
- In a bowl mix the self raising flour, casting sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Add the egg, milk, oil and vanilla essence and stir until completely smooth.
- Pour enough mixture into 2 large, microwave proof mugs half-way to the top. (Don’t overfill as the mixture will spill out when heated!)
- Microwave the mugs on a high heat for 1 and ½ to 2 minutes, or until the sponge stops rising.
- Serve immediately with a dreamy scoop of LiQ Bourbon Salted Caramel ice cream on top and a drizzle of peanut butter for a little extra naughtiness… Mmmm.